Typically no one really thinks to check out their furnace when those temperatures start to go up but really this could be the best time! There are a few reasons why this could actually be the best time for that maintenance check up on your equipment. During those freezing and humid days most technicians are in the highest demand. With the beautiful weather, this is the time where both AC and furnace are getting a little break. Therefore, technicians are not as busy so this would be the best time to reach out.
Furnace weather is technically not over. Spring time weather can always drop unexpectedly or even have some cold mornings where you will need that furnace heat. Since you have used your heating system heavily over the winter, it may be in need of a tune up. Also, if the expert does find something wrong or if you are in need of a part, the best time to order that would be now instead of having to wait on that part while the weather is at a record high or low. If you are interested in getting that maintenance scheduled, please reach out at any time. Our licensed HVAC professional can handle those cleaning and inspection tasks for you. Read more »
Today we present one of the many job's Temperature Service Company has done recently. This was a project out of Bolingbrook to replace their existing unit. A healthy running Make-up Air unit can provide fresh air to facilities, make the atmosphere more comfortable. A properly maintained MUA is responsible for “making up” the air in your building, pulling in fresh air to replace existing air. Here are 3 of our top reasons to keep them running smoothly
1. Comfort Conditions: If the unit is not working properly, you will find a greater disparity in heating and cooling settings, leading to issues keeping your office comfortable for employees. This also leads to the second reasonwhich is…
2. Utility Costs: An ill functioning unit, or one that is causing employees to over compensate with additional HVAC needs causes inflated utility bills. Keep your MUA equipment running smoothly and you will find yourself spending less on utilities.
3. Air Quality Concerns: When a MUA is not running correctly it creates a greater risk of pollutants, germs, or allergens lingering in the air. Higher concentration of pollutants creates a greater likelihood of sickness spreading and employees being unable to work.
While the physical Make Up Air equipment is “out of sight”, the affects of them are felt on an office are felt daily. Regular maintenance on your unit is an easy way to insure the life expectancy for that peace of mind. Please let us know if you would like to know more.
New Unit: Read more »
When it comes to a dragging cold winter, keeping your furnace running and making sure the environment is safe is key to a healthy residence or work environment. Here are some tips from your friends at Temperature Service Company!
- An annual check up on your furnace is a must. Have a tech check out your furnace before the winter hits to make sure everything is okay. This is essential to make sure everything is working well and up to date to get you through the season.
- Change the air filter. This should be done on a regular basis. A dirty filter can lead to many issues including furnace failure. This is a easy step that can provide you that peace of mind in the winter. Clean or change that filter about every one to three months when it is being used the most.
- Make sure the environment is clear around your furnace. This is most common for a residential furnace. Families may want to take precaution and move any flammable items away from the furnace such as paper, cloth, or anything that can ignite.
- Test the carbon monoxide detectors. This is usually forgotten by many but very important. If exposed to a carbon monoxide leak, it can lead to serious tissue damage or even death. Some signs would be weakness, headache, confusion, or nausea. It is very dangerous because when there is a leak it is odorless and tasteless. Make sure those detectors are up to code!!
If you need anything at all or a professional to take a look at your equipment, please feel free to reach out at any time! We are available to you 24/7.
Read more »