Spring Energy Saving Tips
Here are some quick tips from the U.S. Department of Energy for that transition from Winter to Spring that we all love. Now is the time where we start using the AC versus the Heat. These are inexpensive actions that can help you save energy and money during the warm spring and summer months.
- Use Your Windows to Gain Cool Air and Keep Out Heat
- Operate Your Thermostat Efficiently
- Use Fans and Ventilation Strategies to Cool Your Home
- Keep Your Cooling System Running Efficiently
- Don’t Heat Your Home with Appliances and Lighting
- Seal cracks and openings to prevent warm air from leaking into your home.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F). You’ll not only save energy, you’ll avoid scalding your hands.
For more detailed descriptions on these tips, read more here.Back To Blog